Tuesday 2 July 2013

Alex's Grade 5 Graduation!




Blouse - forever 21 
Skirt - forever 21 
Shoes - Nine West 
Earrings - Bass Pro Shops? (So some jewelry thing they sell there!) 
Clutch - Some bag store... 

For some awful reason, my own commencement (graduation) ceremony is in October. Needless to say, I won't be able to come back from England to graduate. But my brother got to graduate Grade 5 from his (and my old) lovely elementary school last week. 

I had to think about what I wanted to wear to his graduation ceremony. Though I'd like to believe that I look older than Grade 5, some may think otherwise... To avoid being confused for a graduating little girl, I needed to stay away from dresses. Also, the ceremony would be in the school's gymnasium... So I needed to be in clothing that wouldn't suffocate me (ie pants). 

Perhaps the pencil skirt was a little short for the occasion. But I think the blouse and sandal wedges were pretty perfect. Also, my clutch was the clutch I bought and used for prom! Yay for being able to re-wear fancy prom items. 

So for someone else's graduation (like a friend or sibling), here are a few tips.

1. Do not overdress or over makeup yourself! The people graduating should be the most attractive people there! So if they're little girls in dresses, don't wear a dress (unless it's a very business casual dress). 

2. Figure out how hot or cold the venue is going to be! If the ceremony is in late June and in a school, prepare to be sweltering! If it's November in an auditorium, it's likely to be chilly! 

3. Wear things that look good on camera! Know that you're likely going to be in pictures with them, that you'll look back upon because graduation is important! 

That's about it! Bye y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment