Wednesday 4 December 2013

Awesome Field Studies this term!

POLS100 had a field study to tour the British Parliament Buildings. They weren't in session because it was a weekend (boo!) but it was still beautiful and I got the iconic pictures that are basically featured in 90% of London postcards. 




They won't let us take pictures of the interior of the building really.... what a shame, it's beautiful! Go google it or visit yourself hehe.




I bought this hat for my brother Alex's birthday, and I sent him it in the mail a while ago... but alas, snail mail is slow.


GPHY101 had a walking tour around London's Square Mile/East End. Lots of interesting things learnt and seen. I must say, it was definitely my favourite course of the term! Thank you so much Dr. Mary Beth Kitzel (she just finished her Ph.D this term and that's such an awesome accomplishment, yay!). However, I ended up writing my report on the geographies of food and the Smithfield Market, which is kind of ironic because I don't eat any meat...





PSYC100 went to Drusilla's Zoo - which was actually a nice zoo, filled with rescues and open walk-through exhibitions. We had to write an ethogram report afterward, which was actually pretty cool.




OKAY also, this is cool. Kids can become 'keeper for a day' and DO THINGS LIKE THIS. SIT AND FEED THE ANIMALS. AH I CAN'T EVEN.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed my term actually. My academics are not awful, yay. My grades aren't as great as I want them to be, but they're not horrible! The field studies are quite interesting - and it's kind of nice being in university and having more field studies than in high school!

Sorry for how long it has been since the last post. I've really been busy with exams, but as of Dec 4th, I'M DONE MY FIRST TERM OF UNIVERSITY WOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment