Thursday 25 April 2013

Oversized Emerald


 Blazer - Honest Eds / Shorts - Old Navy jeans I chopped off to make shorts 
Necklace - Aldo Accessories / Shoes - G.H. Bass 

Have you heard? Emerald is the colour of the year! Haha, yes this is old news - but I haven't really embraced the colour yet, even though the dark jewel tone might have been more suited for winter time. I bought this blazer back in January for 50 cents! and I've struggled to find ways to wear it without looking frumpy or overwhelmed. It is quite ridiculously large for me, but at that price, I wasn't going to walk away.

So here I am, wearing a plain white t-shirt and jean shorts (with tights because it's still cold outside). The blazer lets me look polished, but the rest of the ensemble guarantees I don't look overdressed for school (and high school, no less). I contemplated wearing flats/sneakers with the ensemble, but the slight black heel makes my legs look longer. Tip: try to wear shoes in the same or similar colour as your tights!

My mom told me I looked ridiculous when I walked out the door today, and I contemplated wearing a different jacket. However, I got tons of compliments today! So, taking risks is a good thing - and wearing things you have never worn before is the best kind of risk. If it ends up being too big of a risk? Just wear something you're comfortable in the next day!

One thing I do recommend though, is always bring an extra layer when you're wearing a new outer layer. You never know if it's warm enough to keep you cozy. I was pretty chilly today, but I was only outside for a maximum of 10 minutes. Oh Ontario weather, please warm up!

Back to studying now! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment